Monday, August 04, 2014
birthday-part 3

Continuing on with our Gift Bags, you can see Bridget and Seemah and Lee going through their bags.  You can see some of the goodies on the sofa----like the July 4th Fan, and on the table, too, (I'll be showing close-ups of some of the things, in a minute)----plus Bridget is holding a rather special little something in her hand.... 
Lee actually contributed two things to our Goody Bags this year......and this little Red Shoe is one of the two very special 'gifts' from Lee......it is a Miss America 'special' that can be hung on your Christmas tree.........
Isn't that pretty?
It's not something you can buy, as far as I know, but Lee, having been Miss America of 1955, is still very involved in The Pageant, as are all the former Miss America's......for those of you who live in other country's, this was a BIG deal, back in the day----and it was the premium and most famous of all the Beauty Pageants....... 
Lee still looks Beautiful today, as you all can see in just about every picture she takes....
The other very special gift that Lee contributed to our fun bags was this below.....
Lee is a Lifetime Member of The Magic Castle.......And what is this amazing place?
It is a Private Club that features all of these Great Magicians.....it is housed in an old castle like home and one can eat dinner there, see all kinds of Magicians perform their truly amazing tricks and have an all round Fabulous Evening!  This little card is a "pass" to anyone who is given  it by a member, like Lee, and they can bring up to 6 people for a truly  
"Magical" Evening!

Years ago I went to the Magic Castle a couple of times as a member's guest------it was a lot of fun!  There are all sorts of surprises and unexpected 'magical' things happen, like a piano named Edna that plays itself and answers your questions in a very amusing musical way....
Back to the other gift bag goodies.......
Above, one of those Bubble Makers that I love to include in our bags---this one was especially appealing because it looked like a Big Fat Crayola Crayon.  My very favorite since I was a little girl.....!
Below.......a pretty ceramic cup with kisses all over it.  I thought it was so very sweet and reflects all the love I have in my heart for these dear sweet friends.......

Below......is this really cute Key Ring.....it has a tiny little book that you can write in, like.....if someone gave you their phone number or you wanted to write an address in it, or anything else, for that matter.......
And below.....
The little book when it is opened up.....
I just thought it was as cute as it could be, and practical, too........
I thought this was a very cute picture because Seemah and Lee, both wearing the glasses a different way.....more fun!
Then it was time for the cake.......
And the blowing out of the Candles......
It was all very yummy, and I was a very happy camper!
That Orchid behind me which had many blooms that would open as the weeks went by was Van's Birthday present to me.....So very generous and sweet!
Then it was time for the "poppers'. Even though we were in the living room, I still wanted us to have all that wonderful confetti!

Always the 'director'----me, explaining how we need to do this......It's really funny, because no matter how many times I explain the count, etc., it never works out that way......lol....
And the reason it never all goes off at the same time is---the bottoms all do not turn easily......some are easier than others......but look below........
Some went off and, eventually, they all went off.....

It's so very festive, isn't it?
So, there you have it......
My 83rd Birthday Lunch was a really lovely afternoon......The final picture is Lee putting a pink fuzzy Birthday crown with hearts on it, on my head......and, here it is below.
Thanks for waiting for all this to finally finish.....


More To Come......


Note:  As I mentioned when I began this Birthday series, life has been overwhelming.....it mostly has to do with my Health Issues......
My energy level really sucks---I feel worn out, and I just don't feel like going on the computer, or blogging or visiting every one's blog or if I do, even commenting.
It's like a car running out of gas.....
I have to stop and fill her up.
So.....I'm going to take a little break......If I feel up to it, I'll visit......If I don't, I won't.
I just need to re-group here and when I feel up to it, you'll see something on your reader.....
I wish this weren't the case, but it is, at this point in time.
Thanks for understanding.....
I love you all..... 







22 Comments:
had this to say:

Woohoo.... that was SOME party! Loved the carpet completely covered with popper debris, I hope the cleaning lady doesn't quit in protest!
Good to know you are sensible enough to take a break when you feel you need one..... see you back on the small screen you have recharged the batteries, Naomi. Keep smiling.... and by the way, you look extremely fetching in that pink fluffy crown.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 3:29:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I so look forward to your gift bags part of the party. The gifts are all so creative and fun. Loved that slipper.
My favorite picture is of you with the red hat looking at the camera. Looking good lady.
So sorry you are having energy problems and hope you can regroup with some time off.
I'll keep my eye out for you and drop you a line every now and then till you can return.
Do take care sweet lady. You are so special to those of us lucky enough to have gotten to meet you via your blog.You are a treasure. Hope to hear from you soon.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 4:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey, you really know how to throw a party! You look so cute in that cap.

Feel better, honey bunch - post when and if you feel up to it. We'll be here.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:10:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Lee
had this to say:

You just take good care of you, Naomi...don't you worry about us. We'll still be here when you return; and in the meantime, you will be in our thoughts...and hearts. :)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful party with us. Lee certainly was, and still is a beautiful-looking woman. Your party looks like it was so much fun. I hope you had someone come and do the cleaning up for you. :)

Take it easy...rest and regroup...my best thoughts and wishes go out to you.

Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:14:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You and your friends give the red hat ladies a whole new twist. What fun and whimsy. I love the last photo of you, Naomi and clicked and saved it. I do hope you regain your energy soon. Please take care! xo

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 6:21:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love this party - these posts made me feel as if I was a part of it. So fun and festive!

You rest and just come by or post when you can. It's always lovely to see you.

Hugs!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 7:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It looks and reads like an excellent party with some very imaginative goody-bags too!

The pictures are fun and there's a distinct twinkle in your eye throughout.

Hoping you are able to rest and regain your energy now.

Very best wishes.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 8:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You ladies always have such fun parties :)

I hope you're feeling better.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 8:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for sharing this moment. And yes, you must take care of your health first. Hoping you feel more energy soon *hugs*

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 8:21:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Lovely celebration, love all the gifts. I have an orchid exactly like the one you have! I totally understand you taking a break, I haven't been blogging much either. I'm too busy as usual, and so tired all the time! I definitely don't have the energy I once did. Take care, hope to see a post from you soon.

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 5:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

you already know how I love your posts but I'll say it again.. I love your posts! Especially when I get to see you having a good time, and seeing your friends around you..I feel I know them all from all the posts they have been in. I certainly know how health issues can get us down and not even "want" to do things we enjoy, like being on the computer. As others have said, we will wait as long as needed..because you are worth the wait!

(thank you for our talk..it was a surprise much enjoyed!)

Friday, August 8, 2014 at 6:19:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So fun!!! Those red shoes are like the ruby shoes of Dorothy! It's really lovely to see that you're having a blast and surrounded with awesome people as well :) Hugs from Bergen :)

Sunday, August 10, 2014 at 11:42:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

It is sensible Naomi to take a breather when you are feeling pooped and you are in our hearts whether you do a post or visit or not.
You have given us so much over the years and it won't go away just because you are taking a break. All you have to do is take very great care of yourself and feel all the warmth and affection we feel for you.oxox

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 2:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

They say a sign of a good party is the mess that is left behind. and by the look of your floor it was a damn fine party he he. You look very happy in these pictures Naomi and clearly had a wonderful birthday. I loved the good bag items. do you know I blow bubbles for my daughter's puppy and she loves them so. completely mesmerised and it keeps her quiet for a while. The red slipper is so sweet and one of a kind. And the cake. I always love your cakes you have. Like real birthday cakes!!!

Thanks for posting as I know that you are finding it harder. A blogging rest will be a good thing and allow you to get your energy levels back up to where they should be. I always seem to take blogging breaks and sometimes you just have to do that. your readers will always wait for you so there is no stress there. Just look after yourself. We all love you, we really do. Take Care and be kind to yourself and we will see you back when we do. I love you commenting on my blog and you always make my day a better one. Many times I have been down and you post something very positive and bright and it lifts me out of my funk. Thanks for being you. I am sure all your readers will agree with me when I say I am so happy I stumbled on your blog. You are truly special and gifted. Now, go get your energy levels back and join us all again. We will miss you. xxx

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 6:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Love seeing your birthday party, dear Naomi! What a fun and lovely day!
Love your photos and you look very happy indeed!
Just great that Lee was Miss America of 1955. She looks always gorgeous.
The cake looks delicious!
I wish I could be there with you my dear Naomi!
Many (((Hugs)))

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 12:07:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, you have the very best parties, Naomi, and how I wish I could join you for one of them. It is good to see you looking happy with your friends and I love the photo of you with the fuzzy fascinator!

Hope you are feeling better. I will be seeing my surgeon on Thurs. and I'll be in touch soon after.

Monday, August 11, 2014 at 5:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely photos and it all looks like so much fun. That Magic Castle looks like my kind of place. I love pianos with character and my daughter's former piano teacher told her the all had their own personalities. Edna must've been a hoot!

I always enjoy seeing all the gifts, decorations, food and fun you have at your get-togethers. I do understand that you're not feeling up to blogging as often. It's just so good to see your posts and I do miss you and hearing you share your stories and photos. I will be here when you return because I believe you'll be back. Please know I'll be thinking of you and I'm only a phone call away.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 6:39:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Looks like a fun 83rd BD celebration!

Yes, take care of yourself and don't push too hard. I've been visiting blogs today for the first time in a long while so was sorry to read you weren't perking along at your best. My erratic blogging hasn't been due to personal health issues but enjoyed the change of pace.

Before I moved to Calif. a TV host/stand-up comic friend with whom I had worked in the East had told me about the Magic Castle. Coincidentally, we both ultimately ended up in the L.A. area years later. When our separate lives settled he intended to take my husband and I there. Unfortunately, some years ago the friend died unexpectedly before we could share that experience he had described so enthusiastically.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 10:58:00 PM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Just checking in to say hello. I hope you're doing alright. Sending you good thoughts.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 5:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

There are so many fun things in your post! Those amusing glasses for example are terrific. I also love the red slipper. Having a pass to go to the Magic Castle must be fantastic. I like the last picture of you – you look great and your skin is so smooth. You do not have much energy but on these photos you look full of zest. I hope that with some rest you will feel better soon. Because of WWI centennial I have been reading a book on the last of the surviving veterans. The book was written in 2003 and there were still some WWI surviving veterans then, most of them were over 100 years old. I just read the interview with one who was 113 at the time! And the one before was 107! The book is called The Last of the Doughboys by Richard Rubin. Take care. Hugs VB

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 2:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh I'm so sorry you've been having a tough time Naomi. I do agree blogging can be a full time job. Writing posts, reading other people's posts and commenting, and when like gets busy or you aren't feeling well it can be over whelming. I always appreciate your comments, but I do understand if you need a break.

I love all the bits and pieces in your gift bags. You always come up with such creative things. My daughters quite often had those kind of little books in party bags and loved them. The fat Crayola crayons look like fun. That's funny I just mentioned Crayola's on my last post. And the little red shoes are cute too.

It looks like you all had loads of fun, I love the photo of you trying to direct everyone! :D

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 2:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Belated Birthday, dear lady! We were out in Los Angeles during the first week of August for our granddaughter's 2nd birthday (8/8) Here's to you and good days ahead. xoxox

Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 1:10:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.