Wednesday, May 14, 2014
jacaranda trees - spring has sprung



I'm reprinting this post because it is May, and these Jacaranda Trees only bloom in May here in Los Angeles.....I think they are so incredibly Beautiful, and lavender is my favorite color.....And if I were still able to get about, I would be out there now, taking pictures of these exquisite trees. This was the second of two posts that I published at the time.....
Enjoy!


I told you there would be more....And here is "more"........For those of you who have seen enough of the spectacular Jacaranda Tree----move on, my dears----because that is all that there is today....I Am In Love With These Trees......! Love, Love, Love!

There are a number of residential streets in the so called "flats" of Beverly Hills that have these lovely trees lining both sides of these nice wide streets......
Not only are the flowers luscious, but I think the leaves are pretty damn wonderful, too The green of these leaves and the Lavender of the blossoms, next to the jagged grey/brown limbs---well, it is stunning!
And a little closer, below.......like sweet bells.
It's nice to see what these trees look like when there is a house behind them......As in the picture below......
And then, a closer look at this white house as a backdrop to this most exquisite tree......It takes your breath away.....
Every time I see these trees, I so wish I had planted a couple in my Garden below back in 1986---they would be blooming right now, too.....But well, (sigh)-----I didn't.
There is almost the look of Wisteria in the picture above, except it's the wrong color, among other things.......
Such lovely blossoms....And I don't know any other tree quite like this one. What's so great is, that here in Los Angeles there are now many many streets lined with these glorious trees---many more streets than there used to be....And of course because the blooms don't last very long at all----they feel very precious to me and a lot of other people, too.....
I love this picture above....Because of the trees, of course, but then I noticed that black bus on the street moving north, after I downloaded all my pictures....Do take a closer look---A rather 'refined' Tour Bus.....Go to the Website that is on the back there---This must be quite a tour....! These people were lucky, They not only got to see 'the Stars homes', but they got to experience the Beautiful Jacarandas, too......
I LOVE the look of the limbs of this tree.....They are so craggy and magical---like out of a fantasy-garden somewhere--And Ancient, too.....Nature. Bless Nature. Thank You God for the gift of these Trees....And, last, but not least.......
You can really see that Spring has come to Los Angeles....I don't know what that Red stuff is...(Judy? Help, my dear....) But all that Lavender and Green and Red together.....Well, it me knocks out! To see these very special exquisite things....talk about a "Blessing".......




More To Come.............







18 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Simply gorgeous!! xx

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 7:47:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Simply gorgeous!! xx

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 7:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, that color is so stunning it almost doesn't look real. Practically cartoon'ish in its brilliance.
Think I will check to see if they grow here. I know I haven't seen any. Thanks Naomi for that treat.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 12:29:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

These trees make me so happy! Right up there with how I feel when I see indigo buntings. If I ever visit again, I'll try to make it in May!

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 5:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! These Jacaranda Trees in full
florescence are gorgeous, stunning, breathtaking!
Thanks dear Naomi for sharing with us such beauty!

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 6:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Those are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Friday, May 16, 2014 at 2:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Gorgeous trees and photos :) I am into lavender right now too as the lilacs are still blooming and now my two wisterias :)

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 1:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The first home we owned- the street was lined with jacaranda. In the sky or on the ground, the blossoms are stunning.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 5:58:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm really sorry that you can't get out to see them this year because they are beautiful. I remember you showing them before. That road must look stunning in the real. What an amazing colour.

I'm still a little sad to think about the flowers that will have bloomed on my cactus that I won't have seen, because by the time I get back to AZ they will have gone!

Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 10:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Jacaranda's are gorgeous! we have them here in florida..but they have some competition here with Royal Pointseana Trees ..their flowers are yellow and orange!...all such great colors!

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 1:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I've never seen these trees before! They are simply fabulous!

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 2:27:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Lee
had this to say:

I love, love Jacarandas....they're magnificent. They bloom here in south-east Queensland in October-November, into December.

They are glorious trees; and I always love it when they come into bloom.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 7:57:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

There are some beautiful jacarandas here, too. Such a great color, like water hyacinths... Great photos.

Monday, May 19, 2014 at 3:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I've never seen a tree quite like that - love those lavender blooms! What a special treat that must be every May when they bloom in Los Angeles!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 5:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful trees. I remember seeing them when I lived in California many moons ago.

Friday, May 23, 2014 at 9:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Sensational trees. Your spring is spectacular!

Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 2:35:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

When Alastair and I first retired we spent a month in Jacaranda Villa in Spain and I saw my first Jacaranda tree and have loved it ever since. Thanks for the memory.

Monday, May 26, 2014 at 4:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I love Jacaranda trees... I call them a beautiful mess. :)

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 9:22:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.