Tuesday, February 11, 2014
new years eve??


I know, I know.....But.....'Better Late Than Never'.
Yes?
So....it's already almost the middle of February.....There has been a lot going on.
I watched almost 50 films in preparation for The SAG Awards and The Oscars....
(I vote on the SAG Awards but not on The Oscars)
That took a lot of time!
But I'm going to go back to December 31st and show some pictures of my really sweet New  Years Eve Party.....
I'm grateful to Dianne Travis for taking lots of pictures that night!
And there she is, sitting next to the oh so beautiful Maddy Claire Parks, Betty G's. granddaughter---(Now 18, as of January 12th....can you believe that? For those of you still blogging and still reading my blog....she was just a tiny baby girl on her first New Years Eve, here...)
Someone took this picture of Dianne above, with her camera, and I'm so glad they did.
Because of my now quite limited way of getting about, I cannot take as many pictures as I used to and I'm limited to positioning. So I'm very grateful to Dianne.....
And here I am with the very handsome and dear Andy Parks---Betty's younger son---and that is darling Craig Curtis in the blue stripped shirt, next to the lovely Seemah Wilder.....
Above....eating an Hors D'euvre and having a bit of wine is the adorable Bridget Hanley and next to her, the beautiful Lee Meriwether and her darling husband Marshall Borden.....
We had some lovely yummy goodies before dinner.....Here below is Garrett parks, Betty's older son and Maddy's dear father......
Way over on the left is a Leather Jacketed arm---That's Maddy's boyfriend Chris---we will see more of him as we go along....Then there's Garrett eating something delicious---shrimp, I think, and his daughter Maddy next to him----and Mary, who is part of my wonderful Caterer Will's great crew....then Marshall B. and the special Katy Melody, Andy Park's wife.....
And....there is Maddy, her Aunt Katy, her beautiful talented Mom, Karen Culliver Parks and Maddy's wonderful beau, Chris---a talented singer and musician.....They make such a perfect couple!
And then.....my dear dear old friend, the wonderful Earl Holliman. I have known dear Earl since 1964! And his is a friendship that means so very much to me.....
Earl is a wonderful wonderful actor and a truly devoted Animal lover----he was the President of Actors and Others for Animals for forty years.....A wonderful organization that continues it's great work. He is still very much involved, involved but retired as President.....If you want to know more about Actors and Others For Animals, take a look right here....
And above, some of the gang just before 'dinner is served'.....One of the things that always makes this evening special---aside from the fact that it is New Years Eve----is the loving caring feeling that always prevails. We have all known each other for such a long time---there is a close 'family' feeling when we get together.
I find this more and more meaningful as the years go on.....and as we lose more 'family' members......Pray God, we will all be here next year, too!

And.....then there was dinner.....!
These next couple of pictures were taken with Karen's Cell Phone.....Above, Dianne with Dinner in front of her. 
Chicken Kiev, Buttered Rice, Asparagus Spears and a lovely Salad---my favorite--Butter Lettuce, Pears, Caramelized Pecans, and Gorgonzola Cheese with a lovely Vinaigrette Dressing.....
Below, Katy, picking up an Asparagus Spear at the Buffet table, with her darling husband Andy looking on.....
 Then, there were Chris and Maddy having their dinner......
And Garrett and myself, eating over on the other side of the Living Room......
I know I showed this picture above, before.....but I thought it would be fun to show it again so you can see 'dinner' a little better......
Of course, there was dessert and 'The Game'.....but that will be part two.......

Yes!


More To Come........





 







20 Comments:
had this to say:

What a wonderful New Year’s Eve party – all your good friends, delicious food, fun – what a great way to end the old and start the new year. You all look so happy and you, dear Naomi, you do look terrific – you really do. I am pleased that you have such dear friends to visit you - there is nothing like this to make your heart and soul happy.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 7:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, Naomi, isn't it the best to be surrounded by people you love and who love you as you begin the new year? I'm so very glad you shared these. And, I might add, your home is simply lovely.

Fifty movies? Oh, my!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 8:09:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What an wonderful and beautiful party group! I know Earl Holliman from TV shows when I was growing up and what a wonderful cause that is.

And you have so many gorgeous books and so much beautiful artwork. I can see the lights of the city off your balcony. Beautiful, too.

I'm so glad you have these friends. I am wishing I had a plate of that food right now. :)

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 6:33:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, what fun! I can't wait to read about The Game. It's always a hoot to see what all everyone gets!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 1:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

LOVE the cake! Why not relive a wonderful time? Thank you for sharing this, it makes me happy.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 10:10:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! What a wonderful New Year’s Eve party! I am glad that Dianne Travis took lots of pictures. Just great to see all your good friends together, a lovely family indeed!
And you look beautiful and very happy dear Naomi!
I'm looking forward to see more pictures on part 2. :)

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 4:05:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Smashing party and isn't everybody having a great time- they all look so animated and you look lovely Naomi. Good food - good company - old friends make for a very special evening.
Mr Borden looks as if he is wearing one of the Mackay tartans, I have a kilt in that tartan.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 8:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful and festive. I enjoyed these pics and the description of your friends. You go way back with some of these folks and it's nice to see you all gathered together enjoying each other's company and of course all the amazing food. That cake looks TO DIE FOR!

You look fine in purple, my dear. It's your color...and your friend, Earl Holliman, looks distinguished and dashing, btw. Wow! Look at that pose...he's still got it, my friend. :)

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 11:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

wow Earl looks Great!! And Garrett is so very handsome... and.. and.. I wish the heck Lee Meriwether would get at least ONE damn wrinkle! lol lol

love you for posting all the photo's !!!I see them and think that they all mean you are having a happy time and that makes me happy too!

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 12:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh, that cake! Everyone looks so relaxed and happy and you look well and so good in purple and beautiful in that last shot. Thanks for letting us peek in.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 at 8:52:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

It looks like you had a great time! Well worth the wait to see it described!

Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 12:20:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I really enjoyed that Naomi. Everyone had a smile on their face and was clearly having fun. Earl is still sexy as ever! And Maddy, wowee. Just gorgeous but then so are her parents and grandparents too. And you look the best I have seen. That colour is wonderful on you. And your dark hair. I am jealous lol. I am also amazed you watched 50 films. That requires stamina and then some. Even though I have been away from blogging I sneakily would read your blog from time to time but never had much time for commenting. I really do love your party posts, the food, decorations, games and of course the people. Always happy.

Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 8:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

How great to have those long-time friends and share New Year's Eve with them. Great photos and I have to say, having been a big Earl Holliman fan over the years, he's aged wonderfully :) I'd still recognize him which is sure not always the case.

Sunday, February 16, 2014 at 4:42:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Your blog always fills me with such joy during your party shots! How great it is to have great friends!

Monday, February 17, 2014 at 7:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That cake looks wonderfully delicious! :)

You may not be able to get about as much as you used to be you still know how to throw a good party! Everyone always looks like they're having so much fun at your parties :)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 12:58:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Lovely, lovely, lovely! So glad you had a housefull of people who love you. What a nice way to ring in the new year.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 7:59:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sonia says you're a fan of Dean Spanley. How is it no one, absolutely no one, has heard of this movie? It's my new favorite and I'm strong-arming all my friends to watch it.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 9:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wish I had been at your party. And yes, I'm familiar with actors for animals. They helped me out several times when I had a colony of stray cats forming at my downtown LA warehouse/studio.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 11:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! Another memorable New Year's Party at Naomi's house! The party guests all look so happy and everyone is dressed up in their party outfits, super! As much as I love seeing pictures of the guests, and the dinner, and the CAKE! and of course of you, I love seeing pictures of all the art on your walls. I know some of it is your own work. How I would love to just stroll around your house and look at the gallery!

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 5:47:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Pray God, May you be with us too.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:09:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.