Sunday, July 07, 2013
part 2 - a celebration!

I am embarrassed to say---I took the above picture!  It is so out of focus....No excuse. It's just a bad bad picture. The other two, were worse.
I wanted to share with you another Beautiful floral miracle.
Below, an Orchid plant that my sister Gene sent me (from Van's wonderful shop....).
It is very tall and filled with lots of gorgeous blooms.
It is so tall that it wouldn't fit on the top of the piano---it would have hit the ceiling---so I thought, the hearth was the perfect place for it...!
This way, this stunning plant would have room to spread out and look even taller----and we could all see the incredibly exquisite blooms, close-up!
Even if this magnificent Orchid would have fit on the top of the piano....None of us would have been able to see all the beauty of these exquisite flowers if we had put it up so high.
Gorgeous.....and unusual!
Once again, nature astounds!

I did not take pictures of our meal----it was Quiche and Salad---which everyone loves.....
We had our lovely meal, and our desert and coffee and then, we opened our gift bags! That's Dianne, below.....
There were the Diva Caps, which everyone Loved!  And these very odd but fun glasses, which everyone loved, too! And some silly little Movable Monster Toys which were a real laugh riot.
Here's Bridget H., above, very happy with her cap and glasses and there is a little stuffed toy in front of her which you cannot really see.....And I did a little short Video of Annie G. below---she had her regular glasses on, underneath her Party Glasses.....
(I thought it would be fun to take some more little videos. They will be coming along down below....).
Above, Karen holding up a pretty mirror-type ball on a chain, to her ear, as if it were an earring.  In fact, it is a glittery Key Ring---not very practical, but it is rather pretty. It came in a number of colors.
Here is Lee, once again, in her Diva Cap. I think this is the most popular cap I ever had in our Gift Bags.... 
Here is Annie, checking out the confetti holder. See that ring on her pinkie? That is a Compass ring----they tell you not to count on it if you think are lost! (lol)
Here above, two of the movable toys that were so much fun.....And if you look at Karen's hand---she has a compass ring, too, and a bracelet on each of her arms that were part of the goodies in the Gift Bags!

The Ladies always seem to have such a lot of fun playing with the funny silly little Toys!
Look at this, below!
And here below, is another little Video.....More Party Time! We love our Confetti.....! And one more little Video of The Toys and the Confetti.....
And here is the always hilarious Annie....This little short video proves we are all still young at heart, as if you doubted it..... And one last photo---the finale to a lovely, sweet fun afternoon! Another Birthday Celebrated!



More To Come......







22 Comments:
had this to say:

So much there Naomi!!!! It makes me laugh and after watching the video makes me wanna partake in the fun too :D

Yes, no matter what age we are it is always important to be young at heart. You, Seemah and all your lovely lovely friends have inspired me and if ever I have the chance, I want to meet all of them.

Do you know Orchid is our national flower and what a great gift.

Cheers to good health everyone :)

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 7:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What wonderful orchids! You and your friends always seem to be having such a great time and plenty of parties! :)

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 2:50:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That orchid was just stunning.
Every one looked great in the Diva hats.
I love all the toys you always have and how much you all enjoy them. Those little creatures looked like fun and I jumped pretty high when the confetti went off.
You really are a wonderful bunch of ladies who still have quite a bit of child tucked away.
Looking forward to more.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 4:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love the toys, the orchid, the caps and the cake! FUN! I want to come to one of your parties :)

Sunday, July 7, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

This was such a fun post! I was feeling a little gloomy about heading back to work this morning, but now I have a smile on my face.

Love the blue crystal glasses, the artwork, the monster race and the your lovely friends. And the orchid!

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 3:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

of all the toys and hats and confetti.. the best part is seeing you all together.. the time and joy you all share is always so wonderful! I am so glad you had the celebration! xoxo

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 3:14:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

SUCH a fun group of women!! You all know how to have fun (and you eat well, too). I can truly say "I wish I was there!"

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 5:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That's what I call going to the races! The lightheartedness really made my morning. Now where can I get a hat like that?!

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 5:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

what an incredibly beautiful orchid plant - i don't know that i've ever seen one quite that large - a magnificent specimen! and what a fabulous celebration - all of my favorite party things - and then, the wonderful company! what a day! and thanks so much for sharing your fun time!

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6:37:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

With my trilogy of San Francisco in the 60s I have been away from blogs as it took me so much time to gather the old photos, digitize the slides and find the postcards. So I can now say “Happy belated birthday” dear Naomi. I saw your birthday post – you were such a sweet looking baby!
The flowers for you lunch are brilliant as usual – and some are so unique. I enjoyed the videos – the marching toys are quite cute – and you all are having so much fun! It does not matter how old you are, you are still a child at heart! That's what keeps you young – don’t count the years.

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6:05:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great stuff, Naomi!! xx

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 7:41:00 AM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I have never seen anything like that orchid. Such a profusion of blooms- its breath taking.
All the ladies colours blend and I wonder if they consult each other first or if it is just a happy accident.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 7:45:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

HYSTERICAL! What fun!! You girls are so darn beautiful! No need for a DIVA cap---you all just are! (I think Annie cheated in the race...) hahahaha

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 10:58:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

NAOMI!! Your videos are all over YouTube! I loved the one where the two dinos ran up to each other and hugged. Awwww And this is what the hills have come to. Hahahaha I'm sending you a professional film camera. Hahahahaha, Oh, my side is hurting, Thx for the laughs this morning! You kids are the best! Good friends are always the best birthday gift!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 11:05:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You ladies sure know how to have fun. I love the animals races on the table and the beautiful flowers and décor. You have a beautiful home, Naomi, and your friends have the best sense of humor! I wanted to be there celebrating with you all!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 4:51:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I think all your blogging buddies want to come to one of your parties! The cake looked lovely, and the races all the ladies had with the wind up toys cracked me up. Some of them went so fast!

I loved all the videos too. I just noticed how full your home is of wonderful paintings and things. So do they take all the bits home with them as well?

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 11:23:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful celebration. You make me look forward to turning 82. Just 24 more to go! Maybe between now and then I'll find some spectacular blue glasses such as you serve with.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 11:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a wonderful and happy celebration, Naomi!
The orchids are very gorgeous.
Sounds you and your friends really had a fun and agreeable time on your "Ladies Who Lunch"!
Love always the goodies in the Gift Bags! They look very fun.
Love so much the videos! I will return to see them again because my internet was too bad in these days...
Many hugs and much love!

Friday, July 12, 2013 at 6:48:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You and your friends have such fun together. What a blessing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Friday, July 12, 2013 at 10:24:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You always surround yourself with the most special people, and you end up creating the most wonderful memories as a result. I've missed the spirit that is you, and am glad I dropped by on this delightfully sunny Friday.

Friday, July 12, 2013 at 1:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm late but I sure did enjoy this and seeing the videos! Sure did make me smile. I love those little wind up critters. Sometimes I buy them for the cats, but the cats just smack them over! Still cute! You have such fun parties!!! Love it!!!!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:31:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The silly toys are just the best!

What a fabulous way to enjoy a birthday -- that orchid from your sister is drop dead gorgeous! What a treasure.

It's a party I think every single one of us would like to have attended!

Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 9:33:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.