Wednesday, June 29, 2011
afterglow......

This was a GORGEOUS Cake......And of course---my very favorite deep dark Chocolate from Sweet Lady Jane's.....Yummmmmmmm! Now, I did not take a lot of pictures on Saturday, (Two or three of this cake---Period!)----Everyone else took pictures, using those adorable 'throw away' cameras....The thing is---I have no idea when I will get those pictures developed and back here....So, I am sorry to say I have no pictures of the actual party, which was, in a word, FABULOUS!As I said, the only pictures I took the day of the party were of this beautiful cake.....I love the way they decorated it all the way down the sides with this multicolored yummy icing.....It was BIG! And we had a Lemon Cake too, but I did not take any pictures of it......Here below, the way my living room looked on Sunday morning---The Morning After, as they say....... The Balloons had died, so to speak---Hopefully, when I get those "Throw away camera" pictures back, someone will have taken pictures of the balloons when they were up on the ceiling....! These were more of the balloons laying down near the door to the deck and in between the living room and den.....And below....another view of the tired balloons near the couch in the living room...... Look at that poor soul resting on the couch---he had once graced the ceiling, you know? And then, here below is a slightly different view of the living room and Fireplace----the Blue and Silver Star Balloons were brought to me by Earl Holliman..... I am ashamed that I took no pictures, but here's the thing: I knew I would not. I knew that I wanted to savor every moment of being with all the wonderful dear people who came to the party...The thing I didn't count on was, NOT having anything to show you all......Well, that is life. But.....there will be, I promise you.....Till then, here are a few more pictures that I took on Sunday and Monday..... This is a picture of a Beautiful Orchid grouping---there were three, all together in one lovely pot----Sent to me by Terri DuLong, a dear dear blogger friend who lives on Cedar Key, Florida.....The picture above is just one of the Orchids.....The whole thing is absolutely Gorgeous....And where are they from? 'The Conservatory' and the wonderful Van.....! This is another of the three Orchids that sit together--on my Piano.....Terri's new book will be come out in October...to read more about Terri and the three books she has written in her Cedar Key series, go here....... Above....a closer look at a few of the blooms of one of the Orchids in this very stunning arrangement....I LOVE Orchids, more than I can say.....So, this was a truly delightful Birthday Gift that will last for a few months....! I will share with you some more lovely Birthday Flowers, next time....And I hope I will get those Birthday Party pictures from Cosco by the end of the week...or, worst case scenario---next week.....! Bear with me, my dears.....I think it will be worth it...(At least I hope it will...lol)......




More To Come........









28 Comments:
had this to say:

Glad you had such a great birthday!!! Here's to many more!!!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 1:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

WOW! the cake is FABULOUS!! Happy Happy Birthday Naomi!...

and I love the "day after shots"! hahahaha. great thinking to post those! hahaha.. I am looking forward to what ever everyone else took of the party!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 2:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a great party you had.
I suspect you had a secret baloon dance;-)

Wonderful Photos and gorgeous cake and flowers.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 3:44:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

If the morning after pictures look like fun, it's a sure bet that the actual event was 5 times better. Can't wait to see the pix, glad you were surrounded by people who love you.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 5:06:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a glorious cake, Naomi! I am so glad you celebrated with dear friends. I am looking forward to seeing the next round of pictures.
xo

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 5:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

If your party was anywhere near as much fun as that cake, then I KNOW you had a wonderful time.
I had to laugh when I saw the balloons drooping all over the floor.... see, even the ballons had a great time!
I'm looking forward to seeing more of this grand event. Congratulations, Naomi!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 6:39:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I am looking forward to seeing the photos, Naomi, and I am happy to know that you had such a nice party. The cake is exquisite looking!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 7:40:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Don't worry ...I took pictures of the balloons, the cake, all the food , the kitchen crew, and more ( I used two camera's plus some of Michael's ) LOL!!!!
It was an extremely fabulous party with many of your wonderful friends. Also, we enjoyed taking Maxine home....she's delightful!
XO,
Audrey

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 9:35:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi, I am so glad you had such a lovely Birthday!
The cake looks beautiful and delicious too! Love the colorful balloons all around your gorgeous living room. The orchid is fantastic!

I am looking forward to seeing the next serie of pictures.
A lot of kisses and hugs!
Sonia.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 12:54:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

My internet was down all day on Monday and I couldn't wish you a happy birthday!

I hope you had a wonderful time! The cake looks wonderful, and I love the vibrant colours.

Those helium ballons didn't last long! :D

I can't wait to see all the photos!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 1:03:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Birthday Naomi and by the looks of your afterglow... you had another great party.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 8:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh Naomi, I'm glad you had such a nice time! I don't blame you for not taking photos so you could savor each moment of your birthday with your friends!! The balloons may have fallen but your memories you still have!! I'd love to have a piece of that cake!! :) (my hips don't need it though!)

The orchids are so beautiful! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!!

Hugs dear lady.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 9:09:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You got a picture of the Important cake, you know... chocolate! LOL Priorities!

Lemon is good, but chocolate (dark chocolate) is the best! :D

The orchids are amazing, but they mystify me as far as how you're supposed to care for them. I kill them every time and then I'm so sad! Oh, to live in Hawaii where nature (it seems) takes care of them. :)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 10:32:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

did Sweetie enjoy the balloons or was he afraid of them?
my big tough guy Siren does not like balloons where as Isa chases them

the cake is amazing

you deserve all the best gorgeous :)

Hope sends hugs

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 5:07:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

So glad you had such a wonderful party. Got tickled at your "after glow" shots. If the guests are as worn out as the ballons then we know you all had a marvelous time.
That cake was too pretty to eat and those orchids are beautiful.
Hope you get the pictures back so we can see.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 6:04:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That cakes certainly looks yummy. I can visualize you, smiling, with all your friends and all the balloons. What a great time to be with you friends – this is the way to celebrate.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 at 8:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

JULY 1: Happy CANADA Day, Naomi! You may not be aware that it's Canada's 144th birthday today, and Will and Kate are in Ottawa to help us celebrate. Actually, we don't need help, but it's great to have them here!

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 4:48:00 AM PDT 

Blogger J C
had this to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAOMI! HAPPY, HAPPY DAY!

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 5:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What an absolute work of art the cake is! It exudes joy and good taste. Makes me want to drive to LA just to taste a Lady Jane cake.

Manny blessings to you!

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 9:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

You've been invaded by balloon people for your birthday! I didn't know you could still develop film. Looking forward to seeing what people captured on them. I sometimes forget to take pictures at events and I am proud of myself for forgetting but I, like you, later miss the pictures! hAppY BIrthDAy!!!

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 5:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Well, good for you for just taking the time to totally enjoy your party! I like looking at "the aftermath" photos. :)

Friday, July 1, 2011 at 6:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh how special - you name dropper you! Lol. Sounds like a it was a party not to have been missed. ;)

Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 1:52:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Sounds like you had a really wonderful time, Naomi! That is so great. The cake looks scrumptious and your house is just beautiful. I love the little bouquet of peonies on the table.

Next time I'm in L.A. I'll have to hunt up Lady Jane cakes...dark chocolate is my favorite, too.
xxoo
Cheryl

Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 7:46:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I almost forgot to tell you that TCM is playing On the Town tomorrow at noon my time...am going to record it so I can watch it when all my company goes home!!

Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 9:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

That cake looks amazing ... any chance you can mail me a piece? Pleez???

Saturday, July 2, 2011 at 6:27:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Birthday Naomi!!! What a beautiful cake! It's colourful and it looks yummy!

Sunday, July 3, 2011 at 3:34:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

That cake looks DElicious! And I have to say.....Van outdid himself once again with my request! Those orchids are simply stunning! I'm SO pleased! I knew I could leave it in his very capable hands and I'm thrilled that you are enjoying them so much. Really looking forward to more photos of THEE party! Hugs to you, Naomi.

Monday, July 4, 2011 at 5:13:00 PM PDT 

Blogger MaR
had this to say:

Happy belated birthday, Naomi dear!! real life has been busy, I am sorry I wasn't here on time. But know that I wish you the very best, always!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 2:01:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.