Monday, April 26, 2010
ladies who lunch - part 3


So....there are Mark & Dianne in the first picture above, on their Wedding Day, March 25th, 1975, and then there they are now, at our 'Ladies Who Lunch' on March 29, 2010......Sweet, Sweet, Sweet.....! Mark found the print-pictures I had hoped he would, and he scanned them in and emailed them to me....They are faded, but still very very dear. And here are our happy couple below, playing with some of the stuff that was in The Gift Bag........ Mark is holding up the 'Flip Flop Pads---upside down, but still....Dianne is sharpening one of her pencils with that Heart Sharpener that was in the Gift Bag--along with some Pencils.....And below, here are those Flip-Flop Pads right side up! And there were two different types of Sun Glasses included in this Bag....I thought they were both just terrific, so, being the excessive creature I am....... Here were the "Bat Women" type glasses, which Lee said she was going to wear at the next "Batman" convention up in San Francisco.....I must say, I thought everyone looked great in them....... Maybe they should all go to that "Batman" convention...lol...Then there were these wonderful Aviator-type glasses......After seeing them on Mark & Dianne, I thought they looked like they could be in the CIA so I asked them all to put those on and took a picture........ Betty particularly liked these glasses because they were UV proper, and with her Macular Degeneration, she needs to protect her eyes as well as she can...... Lee looked really cute in these glasses, too---especially holding up that squeeze ball and the adorable Ducky......Then, it was time for 'the presents'.....Hooray......! Dianne opened Betty's gift first because Betty had to leave early to go to an important appointment back at her house..... We do have fun.....! Dianne opened the card first and it was very very cute.......(Check out Betty's ring....it was one of the Bling Rings from the Goodie bag....nothing like pretty glitter....!) And Betty's gift to Dianne was a wonderful beautifully covered book which she can write in like a Diary or a Journal.... Very Very Pretty, isn't it? Then Dianne opened Lee's present next.Lee had to leave too, so she could drive Betty home for her appointment. Lee's card was really cute....... Lee is great at finding cards that have Nuns on them...Betty, Lee and Dianne did "Nunsense" together a couple of years ago and it is always great fun when Lee finds these cards.....Her gift was quite wonderful, too. Lee gave Dianne a beautiful hanging Wind Chime.....it had the prettiest sound and is perfect for Mark & Dianne's new home....And Lee didn't even realize they were moving! Serendipity. Then....Betty and Lee departed and it was just Seemah, Mark, Dianne and me that were left. Next, Dianne opened Seemah's gift......
Such a pretty card.....and it turned out there were two very beautiful gifts, as well...... Above, these lovely earrings and this really beautiful scarf, below! Dianne was thrilled with both these truly lovely gifts. And then.....Dianne opened my gift.
I saw this on Debra's blog, 'From Skilled Hands', and I thought it was so very special and unique. Each year, where Debra lives in Peninsula, OH., they have a Regional Food Bank Drive. And this fund raiser is called the "Cups Of Kindness" Art Show, and the money raised goes to this much needed Food Bank. Lots of artists participate in this by donating an original work of art. This particular cup by Kathleen Martin is called "Circus Cup". I thought it was so very beautiful and colorful that I decided to get it for Dianne. Above---you can see the inside of the cup.And in this picture above you can really see the bottom and sides of the cup. I love the idea of helping other people and in this case giving someone else a gift, at the same time. It is, in fact, a really lovely way to do both things. And both Mark & Dianne really loved this Cup and immediately knew where they were going to put it in their new abode! Such a delicate little cup....! And that bracelet on Dianne's arm was one of the goodies in The Gift Bag. So, there you have it. After the opening of the gifts, we four sat and talked for a couple of hours...... Dear Seemah.......The wonderful Mark...... And our delightful Birthday Girl, Dianne...... And below.....one last faded picture of The Dear Wedding Couple......


More To Come...........



Note: I spent a few hours at The Tile House last Sunday and took almost 300 pictures. It was a fantastic experience. The whole inside of the Ehling House is Mosaic, all designed by George....I'm still working on the pictures and organizing them with the end result being me continuing to share all of this fantastic creativity of George Ehling, with you.....So, be patient, please....As soon as I am able to start posting them, I will!










24 Comments:
had this to say:

What a handsome couple, then and now.
I love the special cards everyone got. A well thought out card can trump a gift anyday in my mind.
Your little bowl is precious and it is neat that purchasing it served two purposes.
Well done as always.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 4:56:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sounds like a fantastic afternoon all around--at least one would think that seeing all the smiles.

I look forward to more Tile House, BTW.

Cheers.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 5:01:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

i love the wedding pics as well as all the photo's you take Naomi!! everyone's birthday or special day or the luncheons will mean so much to each and everyone who's pictures you have taken along with the story of what was going on! I just love it so much!

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 9:47:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thank you for your kind words, Naomi. More than 75 artists donated over 130 pieces of art this year. All items have been sold, and the money donated to our local foodbank. I have been so gratified by the response, by both artists and patrons.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:43:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have to say Noami there are some great jewelry shops on Etsy and I have some great scarves that arent just winter for the ladies if you want to check them out.. My link is on my blog or here it is here. Please post it.. I could use some traffic.. www.etsy.com/shop/bri2004. Pass it along to the Ladies Who Lunch. They might find some cool stuff to pass around as gifts to the others..

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 2:56:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow, Mark and Dianne look like little kids at their wedding! I saw Betty the other day at the Turner Classic Movies Festival that just ended in Hollywood. It was fantastic and I'm glad Betty was honored (with Esther Williams).

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 3:58:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Sweet pictures and I love the nun cards. My mom grew up in a catholic orphanage so we're always trying to find nun cards too! I also love how you hang so many pictures on your walls. I have a zillion pictures that I love but can't get out of the mindset of one picture on one wall! (oh, I used to be beyondpanicsometimes - changed to marblecopybook.wordpress.com

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 7:30:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The bat glasses are a hoot!

The happy couple haven't changed a bit :)

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 7:49:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Your parties are the best. Wow, looking forward to see inside house.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 8:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

And, yes, I always look for win-win gifts, beautiful piece.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 8:27:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh you have such fun. Mark and Dianne dont look very much different all these years later. Still gorgeous! I too love all your photos too. You keep me riveted from the start of your posts all the way through. You are a great friend and always so positive. And very thoughtful.

I cannot wait to see George's house but am patient because you will do it justice. So, so glad you got to visit. I bet you were in creative heavan. Take Care.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 1:13:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I'm trying to decide which is more impressive: Your wonderful party or the fact that a Hollywood couple has been married since 1975!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 2:12:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for inviting us all in, Naomi. I feel like I was there. I particularly love the old wedding photos. They could be any one of us that grew up in that time. Such a colorful party!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 5:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a loving gathering. The photos of their wedding and now show they have aged beautifully.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 12:00:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

This is my favorite thing. Seeing the photos of you and your friends having lunch, sharing memories and making new ones.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 4:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

What a lovely couple, then and now!

The gifts were all so nice and I'm sure she will treasure each one. Those goodie bags are so cute and I love how everyone posed with their glasses on for you!

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing about the tile house!! It is so nice that he allowed you to visit and take photos and then to share them with us!!

Hugs dear lady!!!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 7:43:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I just feel I was there - such a great hostess and the nicest end to a party is when you can just sit around and chew the fat.
Thanks for letting us enjoy the party vicariously.
So glad we have the tiles to look forward to;)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 8:08:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous couple are Mark and Dianne! They are beautiful just now too.
Love also the hair cut of Lee. Just beautiful style.

How fun those gifts, they were all amazing!

I am looking forward to see more pictures of "The Tile House". You took almost 300 pictures... Wow!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 9:30:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hey Naomi, called Seemah about half an hour ago and told her about your wonderful post on ladies who lunch :)

Here...I can see that she is really chilling out :) The gift you gave is so special indeed, colourful nice and meaningful :)

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 8:28:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Thanks for sharing your lunch!

I always love seeing everything that went on!

Thursday, April 29, 2010 at 4:06:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

That's just beautiful Naomi! I love the goodies inside the bag. They're just fabulous and a treasure trove!

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 5:27:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Always nice to hear about happy couples! Your parties are always a hit, and so special. You're a good friend surrounded by wonderful people!

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 10:29:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

What an ugly couple Mark and Dianne make and made, especially when they were younger!!

Just kidding: if you believe that you'll believe anything ;->...

Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 3:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

September 11, 2011

Dear Lady.

While I researching Cliff Robertson, I discovered your post with the PT-109 movie.
There is a USS Jon F. Kennedy CV-67 reunion today in Norfolk, Virginia.

Michael

US Navy - USS John F. Kennedy CV-67
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.187978717899655.43179.100000625834840

Sunday, September 11, 2011 at 9:25:00 AM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.