Tuesday, February 16, 2010
an odd stretch

Yes.....this is not a post about exercise....! On one of my 'outings', we went by Theatre West and this "stretch" was sitting out in front of the building next door to Theatre West....I don't know about you, but I had never seen this long a 's-t-r-e-t-c-h limo' before, and a Hummer, to boot...! I have no idea what it was doing there----possibly the driver had stopped to have a bite to eat at the restaurant up the street...... A popular spot with everyone from Theatre West---and incredibly convenient! I have had many a meal there over the years.....OR, maybe the driver had gone into the Market that sits in-between Theatre West and The California Canteen...... Oak-Crest is like the Department Store of Markets----they sell just about everything you can imagine! Including clothes! I could write a whole post about this unique Market....Not fancy in any way, but it has more character than any other market I have ever been in. It is run by a Korean couple and they have always been great to Theatre West members.....So....maybe the driver went in there to buy a very rare bottle of Wine..... There is the "Mrs", no doubt talking to the "Mr." who runs the show there at Oak-Crest.....When we were doing the revival of "Spoon River" back in 2002 and I had to play 6 performances at the beginning of the run...the "Mr." actually came to see the show and every time I went into the market after that, he would imitate what I did in one of the songs---"Cock-A-Doodle-Doo", and he would giggle.....They are very sweet people. I knew the Limo Driver couldn't be at Theatre West because it was deader than a doornail around there---Nothing was going on there in the middle of the afternoon, except possibly some actors rehearsing......Soooooo......I have no idea what this 'stretch' was doing there, but it got me to thinking about other very long stretch limos and I did some research and here below is supposedly the longest stretch limo in the world....! This is one very very very very long limo. They say it holds fifty people....! How it is able to turn corners is beyond me.....Even that Hummer that I saw, which looks short next to this one above---looks very difficult to handle....All I can say is, I'm glad it's not me that has to drive either of them. Here are some more outsize and unusual though strange but wonderful stretch limos...... The Cow Limo made me smile, I must say.....A cute and clever idea and you can see it coming with no trouble whatsoever.....lol! And I thought this was truly fun, too....The Cycle Limo! Don't you wonder who came up with this idea and was then able to actually build it....Very Clever and Very Fun! This is The Excalibur Limo....Very elegant. Very Beautiful. And very unusual, too, and no doubt, incredibly expensive......After seeing the other huge limos, the Excalibur actually looks almost petite....! This is certainly a startling eye catcher above, isn't it? A Pink Hummer Limo.....not as big as the Hummer that I saw, but, you certainly will immediately notice it coming down the Freeway.....I think it is rather pretty, though not exactly subtle....! And above, The Corvette Limo.....Very fetching in Yellow! Too subtle in Black for my taste. I mean, if your going to do it...I say go all the way....! Be colorful! LOL, LOL....This really gave me a good laugh.....Well, it is stretched....lol!And last, but not least.....What do you think about this next one? Do you think it is a practical solution when you have a large family? And it certainly is environmentally sound. No gas needed. And, in fact, no oil or electric either......



More To Come........










19 Comments:
had this to say:

Gotta love the cycle limo and the VW mini-limo. That is thinking outside the box. The horse limo gave me back pains :)))
Cute post.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 3:02:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

We out here in the Hinterland perceive LA to be one big city. It's nice to see there are little neighborhoods with character too.

As for limos, they're the Dachshunds of automobiles.

Cheers.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:07:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Silliness LOL Glad to hear you got out and about for a bit Namomi!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I would LOVE to go to Oak Crest, it looks like my kind of store! I love rummaging around shops full of bits and pieces.

I want a Hummer, but not a stretch limo version. :D I think the normal size ones are too big for roads in the UK!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 6:53:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

A couple of the services here have stretch Hummers but not that long and not hot pink! The VW is a hoot!!!! And I found the Korean market fascinating -- sounds like if I lived out there it would be one of my haunts.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 12:27:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

We have quite a few stretch Hummers here - but nothing more colorful than white and black. I love the Excaliber!!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 5:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Looks like there's a limo for any occasion. Or stretch for any event. :)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 9:38:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I've seen a long stretch limo when I was in New York though and I really like the pink one, so cool so me hehehehe....

Oak Crest seems like a good neighbourhood store that I can visit everyday ;)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 12:20:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

My preference is the VW limo, and if I can't have that one to drive me to and from my oh so important job, then I will choose the Excaliber. :)

On prom night around here (there are only two high schools in my city) the kids/graduates arrive on the back of some hilarious vehicles.... everything from horsedrawn wagon/carriages to tractors to fancy schmancy cars. A few have even paddled to the venue because it sits along the river. :) All dressed in formal wear.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 12:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I am not a big lover of limos. I think it's becasue here in the UK they are the preserve of the common people - I am not talking class here but generally crass. There are huge rental companies over here that you can rent limos from and generally they have groups of drunken 'hens' or 'stags' hanging out the windows and screaming their heads off. In particular the pink Hummer is prolific. As such, the limo doesn't really stand for refinement, sophistication, class (as in having some class) at all any more.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 5:48:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I meant to also say thanks for shring such great fun pics and for showing us the Theatre West neighbourhood. It was great to see!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 5:49:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh goodness gracious me... That is funny... I have seen the stretch limo's here with the Hummers.. We have like two maybe the same one I have seen... but you are right how do they turn corners...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 11:19:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Well, I have never been in a limo, but I have seen a few...never as large as these of course!! A person would have to have some garage to house one of these!!

I like the hummers and I love the Excaliber!! It looks like a classy ride!

xxoxx
Rachel

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 8:50:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Are you kidding?! I can't imagine how the longest limo is even driveable. How would it take a corner?

I might have had to investigate the orange limo. Did you peek in the windows?

This post brought some lightness to my morning, certainly made my eyes pop.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 7:24:00 AM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

The cow limo and the family on the loooonnnnnggg horse are the funniest. I've also wondered how they can turn corners. I really don't understand physically how that's possible on the extremely long ones. Guess I'll just keep wondering about that.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 12:55:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I see they have 'Gaslight' at the theatre. A lovely creepy play!
The limo idea has caught on over here and young women go out on the town on their stag nights - or whatever they call the night before getting married. We didn't have them in my day - praise the Lord.
BTW we were watching 'Murder she wrote' (we like Jessica) and I didn't see the cast list but I'm sure the second lead was Betty. She was great.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 3:34:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oak-Crest sounds like my kind of place. I like stores that are a mish-mash of everything under the sun.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 7:09:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Surprisingly, we have a few of those stretch Hummers here in London. I'm not sure that they are that compatible with some of the streets though.

And the other day I was waiting for fuel and a stretched US car was ahead of me desperately trying to manoeuvre to be able to refuel.

I'll confess though, when in the USA, I have been in a few of those (shorter) stretch cars, for short journeys.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 at 11:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Oh now that is some s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Great to see Theatre West too. I lvoe touring your neighborhood with you. The horse, wow what fun!

Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:56:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.