Thursday, December 17, 2009
beauty that sooths

I am in need of the beauty of flowers...So, I thought, maybe some of you are, too.....I know it's not very 'Holiday Spirit', but it is so pretty, I'm posting them anyway because they lift my spirits...... This Rose above, was such an unusual color.....Not tan, not white, not pink.....but a touch of all three and so beautifully pale......It is just perfection in every way. Above....Oh, that is so pretty...! I am ashamed to say I can never remember the name of this beautiful flower---forgive me Judy, you have told me more than once, and fir some reason my brain just doesn't retain it----I love this picture. The colors are stunning.....It looks like 'Spring' in December.....It's so warming....... Oh, how I love these petals....Talk about soft, and the colors....! I love getting in close on the details of nature----especially flowers. I just realized that this photograph reminds me of some of my paintings....Well, at least I'm consistent.....lol. Talk about a close-up......I love that you can see so much powdery stuff in this picture above. Like I said, I love to see the details. Like an abstract painting.....the petals seem to be like some kind of beautiful soft cloth--a velvet or a velour or a silk....and the colors....Oh My! I love the angle of this picture above. Like looking deep into the soul of this flower....And again, the details and the colors. There is a dimension to this picture showing us things that maybe we don't always see because we don't really look closely enough to see them. We look in such a casual way, we kind of take nature's miracles for granted.....Lush, Luscious and Lovely---beyond words.....also somewhat dark and mysterious with some light touches.....Once again, for the umpteenth time I say, you cannot beat nature when it comes to breathtaking beauty....This really cheered me. I hope it cheered you, too.......I feel there may be some other 'flower' posts on the horizon...... Above---just one more extraordinary look at a combination of flowers and colors that is so very soothing.....it's like getting a really wonderful massage. Only it is a massage of the soul and the spirit---at least it is for me......





More To Come........







23 Comments:
had this to say:

OOLOTH, is the name of that flower alstromeria, or Peruvian Lily? From that angle and partial picture I can't be sure.

Your roses photos are lovely, indeed.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 2:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

It's alstroemeria, Naomi, and I don't blame you for not remembering it!

The way you photograph flowers is so intimate, I often feel as if I'm intruding on them....LOL. You have given me the urge to inspect them more closely, so I can see what you do. Beautiful!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 5:06:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Lovely Naomi. You are so right, most of us just look at the over all beauty and don't see the intricacies. Thanks for the better view.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 5:27:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Nature's beauty is always suitable for the holidays!

BTW, I love clicking over and seeing a flower photo right off the bat. It puts me in a good mood.

Cheers.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 6:00:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Flowers are an integral part of any season - their beauty is timeless. Love them!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 8:43:00 AM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Your flowers are always appropriate and welcomed. I like the contrast in photo #1, and the shadows in #4.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 10:57:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Flowers are timeless and always in style!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 2:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Those are great macro shots Naomi. I love the stargazer lily ( think that's what it is) shot. Beautiful.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 at 5:13:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

At the moment everything is garish red and green and all things Christmassy so it is a special delight to have these gorgeous hues.
All my anniversary flowers have lost their bloom - not quite dead - so are sitting out the rest of their lives in the back porch. That makes me really appreciate the freshness and perfection of your flowers and I look forward to more;)

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 1:52:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Beautiful pictures of flowers Naomi. Your skill in taking macro shots is just impeccable. I just love the detail and all. Anyway, I am so sorry if I have been away, but now I am back and finally enjoying my Christmas vacay!

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 4:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I think it is an alstromeria, too. I love that flower. The photos are wonderful, and they brighten this gray day in NE OH.
xo

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 6:17:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Flowers are always a gift to our eyes and mind! They are very beautiful, Naomi! Thanks for sharing!

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 6:31:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

These are wonderful portraits of flowers, such details and the colours are so vivid. It gives me so much pleasure to look at them.

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 9:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

some of these shots remind me of your paintings.. you have such an eye for beauty !

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 1:13:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I think it would be safe to say that Naomi and her blog are the "beauty that sooths"

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 1:31:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I'm glad you have these to sooth your soul. May petals cover you as you sleep.

Friday, December 18, 2009 at 9:10:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

They are lovely and you have made me look more closely at flowers now! There are so many of them and so many varieties of the different ones. It's all quite fascinating and amazing!

Vibrant colors and calming colors. certainly good for the mind and spirit!

xxoxx

Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 10:41:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Your closeup photos always amaze me...and I love the powdery yellow center of that one flower. It pops right out at you!

PS - I will have to photograph the Yuca for you (before its cooked) so you see what it looks like. It comes in all shapes/sizes and its exterior is brown and rough like a coconut. Let me know if you don't have this in CA; I'll send you some.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 11:15:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

So lovely and refreshing! Thanks for posting this little visual treat.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 4:14:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

There is indeed an intimacy to your flower photos. The colors are simply breathtakingly lovely with such delicate personalities -- if it can be said they have such identities.

Feed your soul with whatever you need here on your blog and we'll gain nourishment, too.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 11:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

those really are lovely Naomi. A feast for the eyes and food for the soul. I love the delicate nature of them, and the intense details.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 8:37:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The flowers are lovely, are they around your house and if so, do they require a lot of maintenance as I've always wanted roses and lilies and wondered if I'd have to devote a lot of time to keep them.

And sometimes when the Christmas decor is everywhere it's nice to see mother nature at her best.

Thanks,
Dorothy from grammology

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 12:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Simply gorgeous. That second picture of that rose is sublime - so beautiful and subtle! I really hope that these flowers are bringing you much joy and soothing your soul.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 3:41:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.