Thursday, November 12, 2009
"rabies"

I have a visitor....! "Rabies" the Monkey.....He is the cutest dearest little fella I have ever seen....Rabies travels around the country visiting people....Visiting fellow bloggers, actually. His most recent trip was to visit Scarlet, in Miami, Florida, which is where I first saw him....His Mommy or should I say 'friend', in Oregon, Rachel, was kind enough to allow him to come on down and visit with me now....Rabies does get around! I had hoped he might get here before my Halloween "Ladies Who Lunch", but that was not possible. But I wanted him to see some of what he missed.....Above, that's some Germicidal Soap that Bridget gave me.....And here below, here he is with some Candy Corn...... Doesn't he look cute sitting there? Dear Rabies actually arrived about a week after my lunch and I am very very pleased that he is here now. And I have been introducing him to a few people since his arrival.....Dear Kim was here at my house a day or two after Rabies arrived, and she fell in love with him, too..... And honestly....I think he kind of fell in love with her, as well.....He sure seems happy in this next picture, doesn't he? And he really cuddled up to her and seemed very very happy sitting on her lap....And he seemed really in dreamland leaning on her arm......Doesn't he have the dearest sweetest face? Just look at him!I have a feeling Kim and Rabies will be seeing a lot more of each other during the time he will be here with me in Hollywood.....Next, on this past Tuesday night, Dianne came over so I could "cue" her in the play "The Price" by Arthur Miller....(They are doing it at Theatre West in February....And what a wonderful play it is.....) And she too fell in love with dear Rabies....She was holding him and she said..."He just wants to put his arms around my neck....."And then she actually said, "Oh, he is so very comforting!"And he really was very very comforting to her..... There is something about dear Rabies....everyone falls in love with him. And do you know, he stayed there on her chest with his arms around her neck the entire time we worked together---which was about two and a half hours! There will be much more about Rabies as these next weeks go by....He will be with me through New Years and so will be joining all of us at my annual New Years gathering....What Fun....! Next time I will share Sweetie's greeting and reaction to dear Rabies.....Here below is just a little tease with Sweetie.......Rabies and Sweetie were great great friends by the time I took this picture.......

More To Come........







27 Comments:
had this to say:

Cute pics, and I bet you are enjoying doing theater work.

The weirdest thing just happened. I was doing some cruising around IMDB. I looked up Rene Echevarria because I've seen his name so much lately and found he got his start in Hollywood from a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" script. I looked up that particular story (The Offspring) and then looked up the actress that guest starred. I read her bio and when it said "is the daughter of..." I thought, "Now why does that name sound so familiar?" Then I clicked on the name and WHOA! There was your friend Annie. That was a fun surprise.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 1:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

He is just too cute. I think I would be sure and check my guest's purses when they leave, just in case he accidently crawled in.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 4:08:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Golly, you're the one with interesting life. Nothing like telling the blog community you've got Rabies!

Cheers.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 7:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a cute little fellow.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 7:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi, Rabies is so cute and looks so lovely!
I love also the last photo, with Dianne sitting at your living room where I can see so many books... Really, your living room is so beautiful, so inviting that I could stay there for long, long time...
And Sweetie is so white and so cute in that photo too.
I am looking forward to see Sweetie's greeting to cute Rabies.
A big hug to you.

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 7:58:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

He is adorable.. So is your cat.. My girls have monkey's like this one. Or similar..

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 10:45:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Awww. Rabies is adorable. Not just a nice cuddly stuff toy but one can also have him as a scarf to warm you during winter. Perfect for us here in Scandinavia!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 2:45:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

he is adorable
I like that he's so long and slender yet looks chubby and cuddly when seated

I look forward to shots of Rabies and Sweeties together

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 3:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Rabies makes it to Hollywood!! I love it! :)

The pics are adorable, especially the ones where he's with your friends, but between you & me, Naomi, I'd hang on to Rabies...looks like he's got a thing for Dianne! :)

I'm sure there'll be many more adventures for Rabies in your neck of the woods, and I can't wait to read about them and see him in ACTION!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 3:51:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I love him!!!!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 4:18:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Adorable monkey, horrible name. Rabies?! What is the reason for that I wonder?

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 6:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Ok, first, I'm so glad nobody has rabies. I saw the title and immediately thought you'd been bitten by a crazy raccoon or something. Phwew.

Rabies is adorable. I'm sure he's going to have a large time at your house!

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 8:33:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Just finished reading your Boo lunches series, immensely enjoyed those. Not as much as you did, though!

Then I read the title of this post and wondered how the heck you had gotten rabies. LOL. Who knew he just traveled right on into your home and into your's and Sweetie's hearts. And everyone who gets to meet him. :)

xo

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 8:43:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I don't know. Sweetie looks singularly unimpressed!! LOL

Why does that sweet monkey have such a morbid name?

Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 9:20:00 PM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Rabies looks delightful - in spite of his name. I was surprised when I saw how small he really is but how nice to have such an undemanding visitor for so long.
What a great pal you are - rehearsing with your friend. It's so rewarding to do it with someone who understands the theatre in general and the play in particular.

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 4:42:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow that Rabies has a more exciting life than I do!

I just love Kim's passion for denim. I'm sure I've seen her in a photo before and remember thinking what a unique style she has. :)

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 5:13:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

he is cute what a great idea my friend had the same idea and sent this little lunch lady around and people took pics and posted them on there blogs. we she came to me i had her in a boat in the pool and she chilled in the hot tub. i think i may try something like this soon it puts a smile on peoples faces and nothing wrong with that. happy friday the 13th!

kisses

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 6:52:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Rabies was sorry to have missed your lunch, too - especially since he was packed in a box!

I'm so glad you're having fun - I knew you'd like him. I also knew he'd love you and your adventures together.

Thanks for sharing!!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 6:54:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

He's very cute! You could probably take him with you everywhere!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 7:20:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I just want to know where he got a terrible name like "rabies" from? LOL He's too cute!!!

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 9:25:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You're definitely showing Rabies a good time ... he won't want to go home!

Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 11:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

How wonderful that he has traveled! If he would like to come to NE Ohio, he would be welcome!

Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 6:02:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Oh he is so cute and wow your kitty was very territorial don't you love it...

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 2:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

That was hilarious. When I was really young, my chosen toy was a stuffed monkey I named Johnny after my Uncle! I carted him around for years! Rabies reminded me of that.

Do you get to send him somewhere next Naomi? Perhaps Rabies would enjoy a white christmas in Canada?? :)

Monday, November 16, 2009 at 5:54:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I finally got the "Capturing of a Snuggy" post up... put it up yesterday, about the feat I have to go through to get some snuggles out of him. You'd think with a name like Snug, he'd be easier to snuggle, right? HA HA HA!! No.

But, when I do catch him, he just melts into my arms. :)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 11:25:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

O---kaeeee. I am not a monkey person, and I am a bit concerned where this visitor will take you. Name is Rabies? O---kaeeee. Glad the cat is on the job. (Rabies does have a sweet smile...)

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 9:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Rabies sure is a cute little monkey!! How nice that you have him now. I'm sure he loves it in LA! Feed him a few bananas!! Haha!!

Sunday, November 22, 2009 at 9:14:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.