Friday, October 30, 2009
boo, two!

I love these 'Ghosties'....! They seem not really scary at all, yet they certainly set the Halloween mood....! Above, there were some of these floating Ghosts blowing in the wind. It was late afternoon and the sun was going the wrong way which gave them a slight eeriness that I liked a lot! And the combination of a few gravestones and ghosts really sets the tone of Halloween to me.....Personally, of all the displays that I saw in my little outings there in Beverly Hills this one is still my favorite. Between the Ghost Fence and The Scarecrows and these wonderful floating Ghosts and some headstones....This is Halloween, to me. Something about the light that afternoon and the bit of wind that seemed ever present, really made these Ghosts look like they were moving and somewhat 'alive'. This one above is kind of spooky but not in a very scary way....At least, not to me.....the essence of 'scary' is there, but so is the humor, you know? This one above, looks like he or she, is Dancing.....I love this one. I'm grateful to the wind for creating all that movement. It is what makes them look kind of 'alive' to me. I love the light in these pictures....it gives all these floating ghosts a rather ethereal feeling, doesn't it? Another dancing ghost above! I wish I had some music to go with this...I still haven't learned how to do that. This post really cries out for some kind of ethereal ghost-like themes..... I love that you can see a little bit of the house in this picture above.....It really sits waaaaay back from the street and in truth, the ghosts are floating in a somewhat open area....so this picture is deceiving..... This picture above was taken on a different day----earlier in the day, and it was a gorgeous day, I might add....and you can see the house a bit better---it is a stone house and really quite beautiful from what you can see of it from the street, which really isn't a whole lot.....And it does look like these ghosts are right next to the house, but in actuality...they aren't.These two Ghosts above, seem to be having a dancing conversation....lol....And you can see a tiny bit of one of those Scarecrows there at the lower right of the picture...... Here above, a look at the original picture before I cropped it down to just the two ghosts....You can see the Scarecrow and over on the far right, another Ghost. And you can see we have a tree or two here in Los Angeles that does turn color in the fall....... On that second very Beautiful Day, here are some of the gravestones and way in the back you can see a few of the floating Ghosties.....The sky was probably not actually that blue, but it was a very very blue sky that day....A glorious Southern California day with just the right temperature....... And above, there is 'Mr. Blue' and a couple of those sweet Ghosties and that sky in this picture is closer to how it actually looked on that glorious day.... I kind of love this picture because you get a sense of the bigness of this front yard from a certain angle and you can see the floating Ghosts and some of the Scarecrows too......Do click on all these pictures so you can see them much bigger.....Below, a closer look at these guys above. And one more eerie looking picture below.....I love the scarecrow in silhouette and the dear Ghosts floating as if in space...... And so, as we close in on Halloween, I hope you all have a wonderful fun time......I'm having this "Ladies Who Lunch" in honor of Halloween and I will be taking pictures, of course. I will post them as soon as I can, but, as you know, these things take time......Here below, one last picture of this house on Sunset, just to remind you of the overall look of this front yard from the Sunset Boulevard side....which was from afar...... Happy Halloween to one and all......Try not to eat too much chocolate....lol.....






More To Come.................



















23 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I'm afraid the trick or treaters won't be showing up tonight. We've another day and night of torrential rain on tap. I feel sorry for the kids, but that means that all the candy my wife bought gets to stay at home.

Cheers.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy early Halloween Naomi! I love your little spooks. What cool people to go all out like that. I wish I could have ghosts all over my yard and scare the children!

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 7:22:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Very creative and spooky. I'd love taking kids there. BOO indeed! Ladies lunching! That should be a good one! hahahaha

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 7:31:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I just love the way those people go ALL OUT to decorate for Halloween! I haven't seen anyone around here do that! Good photos, Naomi.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 8:45:00 AM PDT 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Now that just puts our little display to shame. Where do they find the time to put up all those decorations? Tomorrow is Halloween and we're still not finished. Plus they're calling for a chance of rain, so I'm not sure if we'll put the gargoyle on the roof or keep him low where we can get him inside quickly if it rains.

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 9:23:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Ghosts and grave stones scare me more than scarecrows, especially when a cool autumn breeze makes the ghosts come alive!

The house in the background makes everything more eerie. I don't think I'd want a view like that out my window (at night); however, during the day I'd love it!

Have the happiest of Halloweens, Naomi!! Eat chocolate turkeys and be happy!! :)

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 1:29:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy Halloween!!!
Have a good time in the bloggie, bloggie dew!
I think Naomi has earned the title of Queen of the "'ween"

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

happy halloween to you and "the ladies"!! love the ghosties!! and will look forward to the ladies that lunch!!! have a fun time Naomi!!!

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 2:59:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

You can definitely tell it's Halloween!

Have a good one!

Do you get many kids trick or treating?

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

BOO right back at you!
You got some great shots in Beverly Hills. Some people really went all out in their decorating. The hanging severed head and that awful bloody leg were hideous! I'd not be going there for candy! The ghosts and scarecrows are cute.
I read the story about John Taras in your hotel series from awhile back. It is a great story! Your momma really did change his life. She believed in him, and by convincing your dad to help him with funds, she really did change his life and help him realize his potential. It is really something that he died on the same date as your dear momma.

Happy Halloween!! Enjoy some chocolate and think of me when you do!! I will do the same.
I won't have a new post up at my blog until sometime this weekend.

Courtney is dressing up as Annie Hall and hanging out with friends tomorrow night.
Taylor is dressing up like a pirate and hanging out with friends too.
I don't know what The Reverend and I will do, but I've got a blinking Jack-o-lantern necklace to wear if we decide to go out.

Boo to YOU and Sweetie!

Friday, October 30, 2009 at 6:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Halloween lady :)

I love all the ghost movement
especially the dancer

Hope sends you big hugs and slobbery kisses

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:42:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi,
Great post and pics.
Came by to say hello and wish you a good Halloween weekend.
Love,
Herrad

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:37:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Happy Halloween! I love all the ghosties... I had a miniature ghost in my house tonight claiming to be my nephew! :)

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 10:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have never seen decorations like you all have. I do hope the kids appreciate it for there is a lot of work and care involved.
I live too far in the country for trick or treaters, more the shame.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 3:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Halloween Naomi...not very big celebration here but I think if I am in the US now, I'm gonna have a blast :)

Yes, Dempsey here in singpaore is very cool and funky place with music, bars and restaurants. If Seemah stay longer I'll bring here there :D

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 4:56:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

We had lots of chocolate left over so I'll just have to eat some, just so it won't go to waste you understand!
The weather was good, not raining, not too cold, and not windy, and the kids were out in force but there are not very many small children on my street any more. But Callum and Isaac went out, pics on my blog.
We had lots of fun.... Hallowe'en is such an enjoyable evening both for the kids and the grownups!
Love those scary floating ghiosts!
WOOOOOO!

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 10:44:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love Halloween and Casper the Friendly Ghost was my favorite. We had a great dinner with my husbands brother and his girlfriend..no tricks or treater's as we're in condos although I bought candy just in case...

Your ghosts photos are great and I look forward to your friends lunch parties as well.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 12:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

What wonderful Halloween mood pics Naomi - Even a Norwegian Viking get scared :-)

I hope you had a great lunch and a lovely Halloween Weekend!

You might remember from my blog, that celebrating Halloween is quite a new, imported traditions. However, we had some cute children on our door last night :-)

Btw: Thanks for your greetings in advance. My BD is the 4th of November.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 1:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi. Great photos.... wish I had the energy to fancy up the front yard every year. Max stopped at a neighbour's place last night with his friends and they had a whole werewolf initiation all set up! The kids loved it!! Another guy, knowing the kids would be running like crazy from house to house had his bar bq going and served them hotdogs and pop! :)

I've posted a photo of my beautiful family all dressed up on facebook. You can check it out there. Are you still on facebook? I never see you online.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 4:06:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Those are great! Just hanging in mid air and blowing. Very effective. Meanwhile, I played out my Motown Soul Man roots while the Bride of Blood scared me.

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 7:11:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Boo-Hoo! We only got two tick or treaters all night! No one wants to climb the hill we live on!

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 7:58:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I love ghosties like that. Reminds me of Casper the friendly ghost.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 12:40:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I have never seen such cute ghosts ever. Seems so gentil.

exellent photos

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 3:48:00 PM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.