Tuesday, July 21, 2009
show me some more roses

The light was so very pretty while I took these pictures....it was late afternoon and the sun was streaming in through my Dining Room window and though it was getting low and would soon be behind the mountain....it was still very bright.....Here below is a closer look at this same flower.... There were some other roses that Van used in the two arrangements....they were more of a peach color as apposed to pink....They were so incredibly beautiful..... And these Roses went from this inner Peach-Pink, out to this pale green, as the pinkish ones did, too, but more complex in a way...... Here below are a group of these flowers all together....This picture was taken about three days after I got this arrangement.....But it is still beautiful...... And here below....another view of these lovely special Roses....... And then, below.....because it is almost my most favorite thing to do....A closer look at these exquisite roses....in this case, right up against a scrumptious yellow Rose....(There will be more of these in a later post.....). Nature gives us everything that is beautiful and pure and real and therefor, awesome...... And here below....some more close-ups of these Roses.....Feast your eyes...... I love these gradations of color....it is something very close to my soul---I have done so many paintings where there are gradations of color.....so, this just pleases my eye and my heart, too......In fact, I love everything about these flowers.....Everything! Above, all those many colors and all those gradations are in this one flower! Perfect! Totally perfect! Above, two of these flowers are hugging each other....more perfection of color and shape. That's one of the other things that knocks me out about Roses.....The shapes of the petals. Look at the softness of those beautiful petals.....More gradations, too..... More colors and more curves, above....... Light and dark and shadows, above and below.......It's all like a beautiful abstract painting.....And it well could be...except, it's not. It's this, below.


More To Come.........

















18 Comments:
had this to say:

the close ups sure make the roses so incredibly unreal in color.. fabulous!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 3:01:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Another solid photographic effort! If I didn't have two rambunctious boys who tend to kick soccer balls inside the house, I might be tempted to have several vases of those on display for my own morale.

Cheers, dear.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 6:09:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful roses and fabulous photographs. I love the composition of the pictures, the light, the colors, beautiful! You can show me flowers anytime!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 10:25:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

As I said before I've never been that excited by seeing photos of flowers, but your photos are an exception. The lighting, colour and composition is wonderful.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 1:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Those really are pretty. When the outer petals begin to droop, I pluck them off and rub them on my face. It sounds sort of odd, but I can't help myself.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 2:10:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, these photos are just perfection. I love the first one and the green gradations in the others. Really beautiful.


(I mailed something to you today)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful pictures Naomi! They look good enough to eat! I love the soft colors and you take such nice photos! Hugs, Rachel

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 5:33:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Such a unique way to view and photograph flowers. They do resemble paintings.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 4:34:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Magnificent roses! Stunning images! I can almost smell them.
Many hugs.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 6:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

there is a term for early morning/late afternoon light
I just heard it the other day and of course immediately forgot it

do you frame any of these?

they all belong in a gallery

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 3:02:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Beautiful roses and of course with your fab photographic skills you certainly captured their magic! Absolutely lovely!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 3:11:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I DID feast my eyes on both of your roses posts. In this one, you really caught the flowers in such a perfect light. Amazing shots!! The colors, the delicate petals, all of it... simply beautiful.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 5:01:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The comment you left for me made me tear up. Thanks. Just took a quick visit through your birthday party - oh my, what fun you have! Can't wait to peruse your archives. Thanks again for stopping by.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 5:13:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

The purples ... my favourite colour ... are gorgeous!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, your roses are no ordinary roses. The colors and curves are beautiful! They even look sexy to me!! lol

Thanks for sharing more of the beauty that surrounds you. I love it!!

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 12:16:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

I keep changing my mind as to which is my favourite. They are so beautiful. Do you put anything in the water to nourish them and make them last longer . Some people put aspirin in. And do you top up the water everyday?

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 3:40:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Oh, normally I'm able to put words of what I see and what you present on your blog.
So please excuse me for watching in silence.
I do think you know what I mean...

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 4:44:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Zooming in is overwhelming. I know you are wishing to paint them.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 8:34:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.