Monday, January 26, 2009
rain/sun

A rainy day on the hill......and the view was almost completely obscured by this overcast foggy soup..... What a difference a day makes....well, two days really....But the point is, this is what I normally see on a sunny not too smoggy day.....It's not precisely the exact same view----but close enough. And here below, another "rainy" view...... Looking straight ahead towards La Brea and across the city at Baldwin Hills.....Well, you can only see the closest foliage and not very well at that.....But....two days later...... You actually can see waaay across this city....It is a far-away shot, but the difference from the rainy day and this day is quite extraordinary....Then below, another view..... Looking at that mountain right across from me with, to the left, Century City beyond and the Pacific Ocean, beyond that....well, not in this picture, of course.....And below...... Now, you can see that mountain and if it had been a wider picture, you would have seen the rest.....But I was trying to mimic the picture above, so...all we really see is that mountain, and in the far distance, those trees that I love so much on the side of the hill. Then I went to the other side of my house and took a few more pictures of the foggy rainy look of everything..... I love that the trees where my Hawk Baby's would 'lite' are almost the only thing that is clear and they really stand out because the mountain is so obscured by the fog.....It almost looks like nothing is behind those trees..... And now, two days later, those trees are almost invisible in a way because the Hill is visible behind them....Quite incredible, isn't it? Then I stood where I could see a slice of the city beyond and a Beautiful Euphorbia Amak Variegated, closer in the foreground..... I was still on the right side of my house...(as you face the city) right by the metal staircase going down to the side of the house towards my garden below......A sunnier day and not so much a picture of the side of the house and of course, you see the city beyond, looking towards the ocean and LAX.....I then went to the other side of my front patio, and looking East and North now, I took a couple of pictures of the trees you can see further down my street, and up on the hill......... I love the look of those trees up there in the overcast fog....In the foreground, to the right, are two of the Yucca Rostratta's in my front yard, in silhouette.....And there, way in the distance is a very typical California look---a Date Palm and another tree that I honestly don't know the name of----but it sure is a lovely artful tree beyond the palm, and it all looks extra pretty to me in this light.....Then, two days later, this is almost the same view of those lovely trees...... It is beautiful....clear and clean and green, including the Rostratta's there in the foreground....But you know what? I truly like the picture above this one better....I think because it looks so very mysterious and kind of in a Hounds-Of-The-Baskervilles-Fog-On-The Moors type mysterious way....Something we don't see a lot of here unless we have a special rainy foggy day like we did on January 23rd.....I liked that day a lot, and I think it's because of the very stark contrast that you can see in the pictures in this post.....

More To Come.......

Note: More "B" Posts are coming...I'm just working on a couple that are rather time consuming...But, they will be on there way as soon as I get all the pictures I need.......I'm so glad you are all enjoying these...I am having a wonderful time doing them.....Thank You, dear Kenju.....







32 Comments:
had this to say:

No matter what the weather you have a great view, and an artists eye to photograph it with !!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 2:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

it must be the artist in you to do the photo's like that..very interesting! I like "now you see it now you don't!"

SAG awards were good last night!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 4:50:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the view pics! How interesting to see things as you see them! I love fog and mystery too! Very much!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 5:10:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi- that really was some dreary weather. When we spoke on Saturday morning it was still raining but by the time I arrived at Dick and Pat's house it had cleared up and the sun came out. We were lucky!

Those photos you took really paint the picture, so to speak.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 5:45:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You're entitled to a "Break", Naomi, since it too starts with "B"....LOL

I think a rainy day now and then is good for 2 reasons:
1. nature needs it
2. you can get something done other than look out at the view! If I had your balcony, I might do nothing else than look out all day!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 6:44:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I really enjoyed those rainy day photos, expecially when contrasted with the sunny day views of the same location. The sunny pics seem almost flat compared to the perspective that is evident through the mist.
You certainly have a lovely situation there in the Hills.
I also like a rainy night, I love hearing the rain on the roof when I'm tucked up cosy in bed!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 7:36:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love your before and after fog photos, but I particularly enjoy the misty ones. Speaking of "Misty," I have a new puppy. Come see him on my blog when you have a chance!

PS - You have the most beautiful trees and the view from your balcony is breathtaking! I'd camp out there for days if I could. ;)

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 8:05:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love fog and clouds and rain, so both vistas/views were equally welcoming to me :)

You really are in an incredible spot, Naomi !

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 8:49:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I agree with Wendy, no matter what your view seems fantastic. What a spectacular place you live in! I doubt you ever get bored with those surroundings.

And we too thank Kenju. Your Bs have been so much fun. I enjoyed the Broadway post below very much.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 9:23:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Certainly a big difference there with the weather changes! You do have a lovely view no matter what the weather is doing!

Great photos as always Naomi!

Looking forward to the rest of your B's!

Hugs to you!!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 9:44:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Yeah, it's amazing how the nature and view changes along with different weather conditions.

In fog and rain, you can close your eyes and watch the wonderful view in your mind.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 12:07:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi, there is a lot of beauty in a foggy, rainy day....I like the difference too, it is mysterious. I like your lights on the top of the awning on your porch...They show up nicely on that foggy day. You really do have quiet a view from your balcony....

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 7:18:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I really love all of your views, but I can't help but think how fantastic it all must be at night. Have you posted any night pictures and maybe I missed them? Maybe it would be better in a video? I just imagine the sparkly twinkles all around and for miles. I love city lights at night!

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 10:49:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You're view and the warmth your pictures contain, even the rainy day ones, bring it into my home on this bitterly cold cold January night. thank you.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:05:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Great minds think alike:) I too was off with the Baskervilles and I'll swear I could hear howling. Its great to see your views in different moods. I imagine rainy mist is not a frequent visitor- not like here - where often the top of our hill is shrouded in mist and I'm thankful we live half way up.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 3:35:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a gorgeous view, Naomi! Love always your photos of the Hill! Your porch is wonderful too!
A big hug to you!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 5:25:00 AM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

What beautiful views you have, in any kind of weather! I'd take a good book and a blanket and go out on the foggy or rainy days and read. Love the lights on your rails too.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:13:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Naomi,
I always enjoy your photographic lens display...the rain/sun concept is wonderful...as is your view of things. (certainly that's meant as a double entendre)

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:38:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

You have an incredible view! It must be great to wake up each morning and have the sun coming through! Thank you for sharing these.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 8:30:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

What a difference the fog makes!

Wow!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 5:29:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I didn't realize you had such a porch! Wow. I love the little lights around it.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7:40:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Okay. I am there Naomi. Rain, hail or shine, your views are magnificent. What month is good for you? *heehee*

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 9:45:00 PM PST 

Blogger Bud
had this to say:

Naomi, wow....hold on to that camera and give up your day job....hugs, Bud

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 2:28:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Hey just wanted to say beautiful photo's and my primary blog is nbrsspot.blogspot.com. I love those foggy photo's. It shows how beautiful that area is. I havent been to California since I was 15 with my parents. I cant remember where we were. A few hours out of Las Vegas..

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 6:59:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love your terrace!!

I don't mind foggy days or gray clouds - so much less pressure to be happy lol

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 7:34:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

The green is wonderful! Here we have plenty of white white white!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 8:29:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I had to laugh as I got to the last pair of pictures and I thought, I love how moody and eerie the top one of the trees is compared to the sunny day adn then you had written the same thing! LoL :D

It's amazing how weather can change a scene so much and consequently our mood too, isn't it? I just love the little lights you have on your balcony. They must really cheer up a dull day!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:51:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I can see the contrast on both days and it is beautiful :D What a view Naomi.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 6:24:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Kenju's Letter B has really sparked some interesting memories for you which you've shared with us.
Thanks, Kenju!

What a difference the sun makes. You'd never know from looking at the foggy, soupy photos what gorgeous views were out there. Luckily, the sun shines gloriously on most days! Those foggy photos are pretty neat too, but I prefer the sunshiny days.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 3:20:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Wow, what a view! Even without the sunshine, it's still incredible.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 8:08:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Dear Naomi,
I would have liked to comment this post properly,
but my mind was somewhere else.

Hope you would understand.

I come back during next week, commenting and hopefully to once again write something meaningful.

hugs
Tor

Friday, January 30, 2009 at 4:21:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

You have such a gorgeous view - mine is dire BUT it's home! Hope you're doing well ~ loving your B posts.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 8:21:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.