Saturday, December 20, 2008
flowers

Jumping around subject-wise the way I do.....Here are some close-ups of some very pretty roses and some other flowers, too......By the time I took these, the flowers had been here four days or so......I am very partial to seeing the multi-colors of petals on certain roses....like in the picture above. (Be sure to click on all of these to see them larger....). The yellows, the pinks, the almost white....and the veins, too...... I just think seeing the true colors in all their variety, is thrilling.....And the shape of these particular Roses....Gorgeous! And most of them kept their shape as they dried, which, as you know, isn't always the case, at all..... Above.....Oh My! Isn't that pretty? Look at the variety of color in this closer look at just one section of the above Rose.....I just think it is so very stunning----and especially when you see it in a bigger format.... And above....another Rose.....This one a true Pink, but as you can see from the edges there....not just pure Pink. I love the lower left corner where you see the very Pink edge going into a pale cream white.....The many shades of coloring here are quite startling.... And the lower half of this same Rose.....I love that the outside petals have this light green tinge....Nature.....it is awesome! I know I am always saying how fantastic Nature is...well, that's because it is!!! This is where I see and feel what I call God. I love this Bright Shocking Yellow above.....! It is so rich in color....Beautiful, Beautiful. Then, below, a very lovely Lavender one..... My favorite Rose, above.....Sterling Silver, I believe. Larry Parks had the most beautiful Rose Garden....he planted them all and tended them all too, till he died....Then, his son Garrett took over the care of this very sweet Rose Garden......Back in the day, I bet I took 1000 slides of the Roses in Larry's Garden. Some day, I will find the way to best scan them in to my computer........ Switching gears here for a moment or two.....This is one of the prettiest Orchids I've ever seen.....It is as if God took a paint brush and just dripped some drops onto that lovely white petal.....So very stunning....And below, here is a closer look at the centerpiece of this Orchid..... Breath taking....! There are more....but I will save them for another time.......I know everyone is getting ready for Christmas and Hanukkah, too......And the eight days of Hanukkah begins on Sunday, December 21st, at Sundown....So, from my heart to yours, I wish all of you who celebrate this Holiday, a Very Very Happy Hanukkah......






More To Come........















26 Comments:
had this to say:

Naomi, you have the soul of an artist in all forms! I love the crinkling in the lavender rose.

Happy Chanukah!!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 7:03:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Mmm, you can almost smell those roses! I need to get my house tidy enough to enjoy some fresh flowers!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:01:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow, what beautifully stunning pictures, Naomi :-)
I particularly love the lavender rose and the orchid - quite breath-taking!

I have received a package from the Hollywood Hills - thank you :-) It has been piled with the other presents.
I'll pass on the enclosed gift to the other recipient at the annual Crazie Bash :-)

cq

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

These photos are magnificent!! You have such a gift!!!!!!!

Happy Chanukah!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

A breath of spring at the beginning of winter...lovely.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 2:26:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Happy Hanukkah, you dear, sweet lady!
I haven't sent you a card or anything, I'm so sorry, I haven't sent anyone cards, I'm horrible! So let me say Happy Hanukkah and a happy holiday season here!

I've been so busy - I started another business crocheting hats. I started just for fun but now I'm up to my elbows in yarn. Isn't that crazy? But it's a fun hobby and I needed the money. I will try to blog again soon.

Love you honey!

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 2:32:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The lavender rose is beautiful. Well, all of them are. I'm wondering WHAT happened to my life since I moved to Fullerton. I used to have a garden filled with flowers, and since moving here --nary a one. I'm re-doing a section of my garden that gets full sun. There's lavender there, and you've inspired me to put my favorite roses in.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 3:56:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

The roses are beautiful!! Such beautiful colors, I love your flowers.....Hope you and Sweetie have a wonderful Christmas.

Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 8:28:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Just gorgeous. Your photos never cease to amaze me...

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 4:42:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

and a Very Very Happy Hanukkah to you! may your celebrations bring the touch of God to your heart ...

the flower pics were great to see ... with our landscape covered in snow ... i could almost breath in the wonderful scent of roses ...

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 8:27:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Wow! What a gorgeous flowers and stunning colors! I am enchanted with all this beauty, Naomi!

A Very Happy Hanukkah!

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 11:21:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Beautiful delicate ladies they are.....strong too. :)

Happy Chanukah Naomi.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 12:14:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

My 7 year old has decided he wants to celebrate Hannukah this year. Tomorrow night we're making latkes. And tonight we assembled our own makeshift menorah. He also informed me that we'll be celebrating Kwanzaa on December 26.

The Sterling Silver is my favorite rose, too. Beautiful!

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 4:21:00 PM PST 

Blogger VV
had this to say:

Oh you know how I love your flower photos. I also love to see the close up, the veins, the subtle changes in color, it's just magnificent what beauty there is in nature and in the tiny details. Thanks for sharing.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 4:48:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

We can almost smell the roses from here! Each so perfect in their beauty, thanks for sharing...
I wish you a very Happy Hanukkah...I hope your holiday season is filled with lot's of love and joy!

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 6:03:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Indeed what a way to appreciate roses close-up ;) We all roses & all things nice isn't it?

Merry Christmas to you too my dear friend :D

Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 9:37:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Happy
Chanukah
to you, and to all the bloggers.

I like the lady who says her son wants to celebrate 'em all. Back in my childhood, occasionally I was guilty of cutting class on Jewish holidays---it was easy-- 60 or 70 percent of the kids were Jewish, so the teachers in Miami public schools never noticed, and at Normandy, the whole school was closed.

the fat lady

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 4:25:00 AM PST 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

Is there anything more perfect than a rose? I think it is my favourite flower. I once shocked my son by describing a rose colour as penis pink. I think it was Blue Moon.
A very happy Hanukkah on Sunday Naomi.

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 8:20:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

I love the Sterling Silver most of all

I love how you capture the detail - the folds, the texture, the wonderful colors

Happy Chanukah my friend

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 9:05:00 AM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

All of these are just spectacular! I can almost inhale their fragrance. I can't get over how truly beautiful each one is and my favorite would be the yellow one. I love yellow roses.
We're at St. Simons, but wanted to stop by and wish you happy holidays. All the best to you, Naomi.
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 9:08:00 AM PST 

had this to say:

Happy holidays, dear Naomi. You've blessed my life this year.

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 12:34:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I hope you can find a way to scan Larry's roses. The orchid is beautiful, and my favorite rose was the lavender one, although they're all lovely and unique in their own ways.

You never cease to amaze me with your photos, Naomi. I'm glad there'll be "more to come."

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 5:50:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I leave it to you to publish this comment or not, my friend.

I apologize for not coming around. The EMBLOS had an emergency admission to the hospital on Thursday followed by surgery on Friday. It was touch and go, but she's on the mend.

Unfortunately, my blog duties have suffered.

Anyway, beautiful photos, as always, dear. My best wishes for you for a joyous Feast of Lights. Even as a Christian, I can revel in a holiday celebrating God's intervention in the form of "John 'The Hammer' Macabee" against Greek interlopers in Judea.

Happy Holidays and,

Cheers.

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 6:33:00 PM PST 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hello Naomi! Those are beautiful flowers and I bet they smell good too. Anyway, advance Happy Holidays to you and wishing you all the best in life.

Monday, December 22, 2008 at 7:17:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

I especially like the pink/cream colored rose. So delicate and soft.
The orchid is splendid!

The holiday season is upon us.
Happy Hanukkah!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 4:16:00 PM PST 

had this to say:

Lovely roses and photos.

Happy Hanukkah!

Thursday, December 25, 2008 at 4:02:00 AM PST 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.