Tuesday, August 26, 2008
abstractions

Here are some more close-up pictures of some flowers from that same arrangement as my last post....I love seeing things in a different way than we are used to singing them. Even if the pictures are not in perfect focus. In fact, that often adds to the look of abstraction.....! The above is, of course, an Orchid...... And so is this one below.....a different Orchid than the one above, to be sure....But, an Orchid, never-the-less. All the colors in these flowers just knock me out. I love, love love, color. Any color---all colors. And I love the way nature shows you that there really are no rules where color is concerned.....Everything is right. Everything "works"! Another subtle beauty, in the Orchid department....To me, it is so very very exciting to get in close as possible---With the digital cameras I have at this time----and see things from a deeper point of view....from a sweeter point of view, if you will.....And, speaking of a 'sweeter' point of view....I bet that wonderful little bit of nectar that is hanging there is just about as sweet as it gets! And below, another view of this amazing phenomenon. This one was taken a bit earlier than the one above it. Is it my imagination or is that little drop just a teeny timy bit lower than this one? I love the little bit of green that you can see on the bottom of that drop---a reflection of the stem that it is on....Amazing! This is in the middle of a different flower in that arrangement.....This one hasn't quite reached the same stage as that other one....It is shiny with the nectar gathering, but no nectar drip yet. And backing up a bit from this particular flower we have this view below. And that wonderful round flower over on the left that is somewhat out of the picture....well, here below is a little closer look at that baby. There were quite a few of these in this arrangement----a new flower to me---I had never seen these before. (Tell us what this is, please, Judy....) And just as it is true with any living thing; Plant, Flower, Animal Human: No two are exactly alike.And here below is another one of these beautiful complex little circular ball-flowers. And I got in closer to there to see what else was going on that I couldn't see all that well with the naked eye....Here below are a few of these closer looks. And then there is this...... And then, this, too..........As well as this........ Well.....that's it for now. But as always........

More To Come.......





NOTE: If you are watching the Democratic Convention Coverage, the only place to watch it and see everything without all the Pundit Commentary Crap is the wonderful C-Span! You'll see and hear everything and you won't miss one moment of it because there are no interruptions by people who have an agenda and there are no commercials either.....! It's GREAT!
















30 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

What did we do before digital cameras allowed us to see the wonders in the world?

Great pics, as always.

Cheers.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 5:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi- those look they could be paintings, they are so incredibly beautiful. You truly have a gift in the way you capture such beauty.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:16:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, I will have to do some research. That looks like a clover bloom, but it's too big for that. I'm not familiar with it.

You really got "up close and personal" with these photos. It's nice to see the flowers from a different perspective. I love the abstract quality of the photos.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:27:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

I will await the answer for the name of the spiky flowers...they are just breathtaking! I do so love your Georgia O'Keefe-like closeups. They would make lovely, challenging jigsaw puzzles, wouldn't they?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 8:59:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

R. sherman has made a great observation.... without the use of digital we'd never be able to see such intricate detail.... just lovely! You did a great job with these photos Naomi! And such knock-out colours. Beautiful!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:11:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Back to say thanks for the visit, and that my experiences with groom's mothers (when they are paying for the wedding) is the pits! No one should give the groom's mom that much power, as they are definitely control freaks and will dominate the marriage as well! Sheeesh!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:56:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Wonderful photos, but I shalln't bother with your election coverage. I cant stand our own!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 10:28:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I see your very creative eye at work here! (colors/ shapes etc).. Your "all seeing eye" is constantly looking!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 1:42:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, you should be charging for this! Seriously. These are amazingly beautiful close-ups, like nothing I've ever seen before. The colors, the shapes the angles...I don't know how you were able to capture these flowers so perfectly. Great job!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 2:52:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Hi Naomi, stopped by to see what's up with you. Great photo's as usual. Planning on watching the convention, again this evening. trying really hard to hear, what I need to about this man, Something does not set right with me. Trying hard not to keep thinking Hiliary was cheated, somehow. Because can not change the outcome, and think that there is a reason she did not get nonmination. God must have a plan for her somewhere else. It has been sooo nice here lately, temp's in mid 70 lows 45. trees are just starting to get hints of orange, so we know what's around the bend. Have a nice afternoon. Pat from NY.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 3:19:00 PM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

You have got the most vibrant and beautiful posts that I have ever seen.

Keep on taking those pictures, I love seeing them.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 3:22:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Old Doll: As long as nobody else is telling, I will advise you that that flower is a sinkum whaildunk. You find there here and there. I think.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 5:25:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! Look at those colours!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:31:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Naomi, You really know how to get some close ups with your camera....just beautiful. I'm waiting for the next convention to watch.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 6:48:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Amen to C-Span! I was watching MSNBC for a bit to see Keith Olbermann but I was about to jump through the screen and kill Chris Matthews - he will not let up on the Hillary v. Barack soap opera they're trying to create.

anyway - I love your shots. that second one - the orange with the spots - that is amazing.

I know you're already tied up in a million things but consider joining in on the weekly Creative Photography thingie - there's a big ole link on my sidebar :)

How's the Emmy stuff going?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 7:08:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I have NEVER seen anyone as talented as you with a camera. NEVER. You just take the most amazing pictures, Naomi. I've siad it beofre and will probably say it another 1,000 times - and mean it ! What beauty you capture that would otherwise possibly go unremarked on...

Now about that coffee table book...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 7:15:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Great macro photos, Naomi! Looks an universe so special of colors and shapes... so amazing photos!
You did a creative job here! Well done!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 8:19:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Lovely flowers, as always. Thanks for sharing.

(sigh) Election debates to me are so... *yawn*

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:05:00 PM PDT 

Blogger Pat
had this to say:

It's yet another grey, grey day today here in UK and your colours raise the spirits. What an inspiration they must be to artists: painters and fashion designers and anyone with an ounce of creativity. Thank you Naomi - I shall have a cyber lick of the nectar to see me through the day.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 1:10:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

I stopped by because I am having the same problems with YouTube as you commented to HOSS. I have loaded the flash player, changed various setting on both browsers, checked my firewall...etc. and still cannot see any videos. Very frustrating. I will let you know if I find a solution.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 6:17:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

All I can do is reiterate what I said on your last post. Wonderful shots showing us some gorgeous details and colours! I love thetextures in these. The first orchid shots are almost creamy and contrats superbly with the spikiness of the those ball like flowers. Fabulous!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 9:53:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Beautiful, they look as if they are paintings! I love the details that flowers have...so unique and gorgeous!

Have a wonderful day!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 11:54:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

It is already a wonderful sight just by looking at your lovely pics I wonder just how beautiful it would be if I have it right in front of me :) Stunning and you know what I think it would be just as vibrant if you enlarge it as a posters :D

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 6:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Wow! These are fantastic photographs and remind me NOT to take the beauty around me for granted!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 9:46:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

Hi Naomi! Love your abstracts...of fleurs...great colors and patterns...hm...wow!

Obama is formally nominated president candidate!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 7:25:00 AM PDT 

Anonymous Anonymous
had this to say:

Naomi,

I love your site. Your photos and birthday parties are beautiful.
Re: The constant commentary... I felt the same way during the Olympics. I wanted the commentary to stop for few minutes and let me enjoy the show! Thank you for sharing.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 9:23:00 AM PDT 

had this to say:

Great close up pics!!
Glorious abstract art, for sure!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

I love how you bring flowers up close for us Naomi! These are beautiful. The first couple remind me of fruit. They look good enough to eat!

Just read Jamie D's post about more of her visit there and she has a picture of Sweetie. He's so handsome!! I sure enjoyed seeing your fridge and range too! Very nice!

I have a nasty cold but I'm hoping the worst is over. Hope you are having a good week dear lady!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 1:24:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

As always beautiful photos - just fantastic. Thanks for the C-Span tip, I will watch it tonight - I am frustrated by all the MSNBC/CNN "noise" - take care - and oh how I loved the Hanna's jewelry part of Seemah's birthday party. You are the best Naomi - love and hugs.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 2:41:00 PM PDT 

had this to say:

WOW what photos of beautiful plants!!!
and thanks for the info about cspan.. I watch there...

Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 4:57:00 PM PDT 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page

Home | Newer›  ‹Older




view my profile
100 things about me

Name: OldOldLady Of The Hills
Location: Los Angeles, California



















Powered by: Blogger
design by: girliebits.